This delicious cake uses only four ingredients.
So simple, yet so yummy 😋
1. Preheat oven to 270°C. Spray the interior of a 6-inch round springform pan with cooking spray
2. In a large bowl add the yogurt and eggs and whisk. When you are finished, you should have a smooth batter
3. Sift the cornstarch into the batter. You can do this using a mesh strainer. Add the vanilla extract and whisk the cornstarch into the batter until no cornstarch lumps remain
4. Pour batter into a prepared baking pan. Bake for about 1 hour or until cake is puffed up, no longer wet on top and the surface has a caramelised appearance. When the cake comes out of the oven it will begin to deflate and wrinkle. Let the cake cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes and then place into the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving. Letting the cake sit in the fridge will help develop the flavours. If you try to eat the cake right away, it will be a little eggy and not sweet. Remove cake from the fridge about 15 minutes before serving so that the cake can come back to room temperature, which will make it less firm and more creamy
5. When serving, you can add fresh fruit on top or maple syrup for extra sweetness
Watch it being made on YouTube.Print