For the Salad
- 60g fine rice noodles, reconstituted in boiling water
- 120g carrot, cut into fine matchsticks
- 4 Cos lettuce leaves, shredded
- 120g cucumber, cut into fine matchsticks
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- One small bunch of coriander
- One small bunch of Thai or European basil
For the Quick Pickled Radish
- 50g radish, finely sliced
- 5g sugar
- 20g rice vinegar
- 25g water
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 30g crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp sriracha or more if you like it spicier
- 75g Tims Dairy Greek style Natural Kefir
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 175g tofu, firm
- 10g tamari
- 2 lime wedges
- Black sesame seeds to garnish
Begin with the pickled radish, place the picking ingredients in a bowl and stir. Add the radish and set to one side for 20 minutes.
Place the peanut butter in a medium bowl, heating in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. Add a tablespoon of boiling water and whisk together. Now add the remaining sauce ingredients and whisk together.
Heat a frying pan with a little sunflower oil to high. Dice the tofu and place in the hot pan, turn the tofu as it browns. Add the tamari and let it sizzle and reduce for 20 seconds. Remove from the heat.
Assemble the salad ingredients in 2 bowls, add the hot tofu and drizzle over the peanut sauce, sprinkle with sesame seeds and add a lime wedge. Serve immediately.