Punjabi Lamb Chops
This sensational recipe from the very talented Punjabi Chef Bee Gill ‘The Authentic PunjaBee’ is simply gorgeous.
Bee absolutely loves our Natural Kefir as a home cooking ingredient especially in her stunning curries.
Serves 4. Preparation time 20 mins, cooking time 60 mins
Dry roast the following ingredients in a pan and then grind once cooled:
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients together and cover the chops with the mixture and set aside
2.In a deep based pan heat the oil and add the cinnamon and cardamom
3. Stir in the chopped onions and cook until they are almost dark brown in colour
4. Add chopped garlic and ginger, stir fry for a couple of minutes and stir in the turmeric – saute until the raw smell cooks off
5. Pour in the blended tomatoes and cook on a medium heat until the oil starts to rise to the top and form little wells in the mixture
6. Add the salt, Kashmiri chilli and and cook for a further 5 minutes before stirring in the chops, adding all the ingredients from the marinade too
7. Cover and cook for 45 – 50 minutes on a low heat or until the meat starts to break away from the bone
8. Serve on their own as a starter or with a crispy naan or chapatti as a main dish