- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsps of well-stirred tahini
- 2 tbsps of Tims Dairy Greek style Natural yogurt or kefir
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 to 3 tbsps water or aquafaba (the juice from the chickpea tin)
- Seasoning – salt, pepper, paprika
- Drizzle with additional olive oil and lime juice and a big dollop of yogurt
In a food processor mix the tahini and lemon juice for a good minute, then scrape round and do it again for another 30 seconds, so that it looks light and creamy. Add the olive oil, garlic, cumin and seasoning then process for a further minute.
Drain the chickpeas (retaining the aquafaba if you want to use this). Add half of the tin and process for 1 minute. Scrape the sides again and add the remaining chickpeas. Process for a further 2 minutes.
Stir in 2 tbsps of our Greek style Natural yogurt or kefir. The hummus may still be quite thick, so add water or the aquafaba at this stage and mix again to a smooth and creamy consistency.
Taste for seasoning and add a little extra where necessary.
Serve on a platter or in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and a generous extra dollop of yogurt. Delicious with some fresh carrot strips to dip in, some flatbreads – or – if you want, as part of a lovely meze. See also our serving suggestion below.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week if needed.
Serving suggestion (as pictured):
Try serving with falafels, pickled red onion and celery tops. Yummo!