Serves 6 for a starter and 4 for lunch.
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 Small Fennel Bulb, outer layer removed and finely chopped
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 Cucumbers, peeled, deseeded and finely diced
- 550 mls Good quality vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Dill plus extra sprigs to garnish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Lemon balm leaves (Mint works if you cant get hold of lemon
- 400g Tims Dairy Greek Style Bio-Live Yogurt
- 2×120g packs Crayfish Tails
- Zest of a lemon
- Chilli Oil, optional
Begin by melting the butter in a large saucepan, add the onion, garlic and fennel. Sauté for
5-8 minutes or until softened but without colour. Now add the cucumber but reserve
approximately 3 tablespoons to garnish with. Stir and cook gently for another five minutes.
Pour in the stock and bring gently to the boil and then reduce to a simmer, cook for a further
5 to 6 minutes.
Transfer the contents of the pan to a blender and add the chopped herbs and blend until very
smooth. Set to one side to cool completely. Now add the yoghurt, season to taste and blend
again. Chill for a least 3 to 4 hours or ideally overnight.
When you’re ready to serve ladle the chilled soup into bowls, scatter the crayfish tails and the
reserved cucumber over the top, drizzle with the chilli oil and the zest of the lemon and
finally a few sprigs of dill.