Originally created for Christmas, we think this is a lovely ever-so-easy retro dessert recipe to cheer everyone up at any time of the year. A guaranteed crowd pleaser. The ‘cheating’ of course refers to the amazingly small amount of time needed (10 minutes) – and skill – to create this super-yummy dessert!
- 2 shop bought jam Swiss rolls (we won’t tell anyone if you don’t)
- 1kg fresh shop bought custard (please see comments above)
- 1/2 jar strawberry jam
- 2 big pots (450 grams) of our Greek style yogurt with Vanilla
- 1 punnet strawberries hulled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons sherry – or any liqueur of your choice
Slice the Swiss rolls and place them at the bottom of a large bowl. Drizzle the sponge in sherry – or you chosen liqueur. Spread the jam over the Swiss rolls. Now layer the strawberries on top of the jam. Pour in the custard and top with the 2 big pots of our vanilla yogurt. Chill until needed (you and the dessert).
Now that really couldn’t have been any easier could it? (Thanks Mandy and do check out her fab Instagram page)