This is probably one of my favourite salads ever. It is substantial enough to be the main event, but works really well alongside lamb. I have used baby aubergine as they were so cute and I couldn’t resist buying them, but 2 regular sized aubergine cut into large chunks would do.
- 12-14 Baby Aubergine halved
- 2 tablespoons Belazu’s Chermoula Paste
- 1 small bag of salad leaves
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- Small packet coriander chopped
- 2 tablespoons Pomegranate molasses or balsamic vinegar
- 100g Pomegranate seeds
Dressing (mix together in a bowl):
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons Tims Dairy Greek Style Yogurt
- 3 teaspoons Tahini
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of the chopped coriander
Coat the aubergine in the chermoula, season and drizzle with olive oil. Roast at 230 degrees for 20/30 minutes skin side down.
Assemble the salad leaves, followed by aubergine halves, chickpeas and pomegranate seeds. Scatter with coriander. Top with the yogurt dressing and the pomegranate molasses. Season generously.