Makes about 6 slices.
- ½ cucumber
- 5 gelatine leaves
- 400g Tims Dairy Greek Style Natural Yogurt
- handful of mint leaves, very finely chopped
- 1 dessertspoon finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill, plus a few fronds to garnish
- zest of 1 lemon
- squeeze of lemon juice or a
- splash of white wine vinegar
- sea salt and black pepper
Grate the cucumber and leave it for half an hour, lightly salted, in a sieve over a bowl, pressing down occasionally with the back of a wooden spoon to remove the juices. Squeeze out any remaining water before using.
Place the gelatine in a glass with water to soften (follow pack instructions). When soft, heat in a small saucepan with a littlewater until dissolved.
Put the yogurt with all the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl, season to taste and fork it through to mix thoroughly. Add in the gelatine and mix further; pour this into a small tin, dariole or jelly mould – I use a miniature loaf tin – and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
When ready to serve, carefully immerse the tin or mould in hot water, taking care that it does not seep over the rim, and after a few seconds it should loosen so that you can turn it out onto a plate.
Garnish with fronds of dill.
Recipe from Roast Lamb in the Olive Groves by Belinda Harley (Hardie Grant, £25.00)
Photography: Jonathan Lovekin