This is a great healthy alternative to a Friday night takeaway. I’ve used chicken thighs, coated in a Greek Style Yogurt based marinade and have served them with a simple cucumber salad. You could also serve with rice and Naan bread for a heartier meal.
- 1tsp each smoked paprika, ground cumin, ground coriander, Garam Masala, turmeric, mild chilli powder⠀
- 200g Tims Dairy Greek Style Yogurt⠀
- Juice of a lemon⠀
- 1/2 tsp Maldon salt⠀
- 3 garlic cloves crushed⠀
- 10cm piece ginger peeled and finely chopped or grated⠀
- 1kg boneless, skinless chicken thighs⠀
- 1 red chilli sliced⠀
- 1 cucumber peeled into slivers using a potato peeler⠀
- 3 limes⠀
Combine all the marinade ingredients and coat your chicken thighs with it. They can go in the fridge for several hours or if you’re in a hurry they can be cooked straight away.
Cook the chicken thighs on a barbecue or griddle for 12 minutes turning every minute or so. Add the lime halves flesh side down for 3 minutes. It makes them easier to squeeze but also they taste sweeter.
I’ve served the chickens with a simple cucumber and tomato salad. Using a potato peeler cut a whole cucumber into strips, squeeze over the juice of a lime and some olive oil and season.