Location: Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire, SL9 0QH.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.00 to 17.00 pm 40 hours per week.
Tims Dairy is a privately owned family company specialising in making high quality yogurt and cultured cream products for the retail, foodservice and ingredients sectors.
Our manufacturing site in Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire, has recently been expanded and upgraded to facilitate an increase in efficiency and production.
As part of the development plan, we require an experienced, professional Planner and Scheduler who can hit the ground running and be instrumental in moving us forward to the next phase.
Working closely with the General Factory Manager, your prime responsibilities will be:
• Constant awareness of the status of all factory operations.
• Gain an intimate knowledge of the customer’s requirements, product range and manufacturing lead times.
• Develop short, medium and long term production plans for production operations and issue daily production schedules.
• Maintain a capacity plan for the factory.
• Develop strong cross functional relationships, working with all departments to plan – labour utilisation, stock replenishment, maintenance schedules and procurement.
• Identify – roadblocks, delays, interruptions, bottlenecks, unplanned downtime and service risk issues. This information to be used to improve workflow by finding creative solutions and adjusting production planning.
• Produce reports against a set of Key Performance Indicators and site targets.
• Work with the commercial team to continuously improve the forecasting tools available to the business.
In addition to the standard management attributes of – good interpersonal skills, strong communication, excellent organisation, high energy and tenacity, proactive, commercial awareness and personal integrity, we have specific criteria.
Essentials for this position are: Excellent reasoning abilities, instinctive and innovative problem solving together with the willingness to be open to and share – new ideas and experiences: All resulting in continuous improvement.
Skills and Experience required
• Previous experience of planning within a manufacturing FMCG factory environment, preferably in a leadership position.
• Computer competence specifically with ERP systems.
• Experience of Change Management.
• Budgeting, cost awareness and analysis at departmental level.
• Formal qualifications in a Supply Chain discipline and/or membership of an appropriate organisation is desirable.
• Monitoring and reporting KPI’s.
Transport: Due to our semi-rural location, personal means of transport will be essential
If you think this position interests you as one that you would enjoy, enabling you to make a significant contribution to the continuing growth of Tims Dairy, then contact us.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
To apply please complete our application form below or send your CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources Department
Tims Dairy Limited
Bell Lane Office Village
Tel: 01494 541 890