27th November 2017
We are launching our “Yogurt as a Healthy Alternative to Cream” campaign to make your festive season the tastiest yet. There are so many ways in which yogurt can be used to enhance your Christmas recipes and our Greek Style Stirred and our Greek Style Thick Set ranges are a wonderful healthy alternative to cream.
Take a look at some of the ideas our expert in-house development Chef has to share and do please post your pictures on our social media channels when you try them out:-
- Use our Greek Style Thick Set Toasted Coconut yogurt to make a simple yet delicious coronation dressing for turkey – simply mix into 150g yogurt a teaspoon of mango chutney and a teaspoon of curry paste (according to taste) and mix well.
- For an authentic Scandanavian style platter, mix fresh dill and ground pink peppercorns into our Greek Style Thick Set Natural yogurt and serve in a small bowl alongside smoked salmon, trout and prawns, rye bread, lemon wedges and pickled cucumbers.
- Make a speedy party dip by mixing equal quantities of our Greek Style Natural yogurt with your houmous of choice – fabulous with toasted pitta, crudities and crisps.
- To keep the fat down without spoiling the taste, try replacing the cream in your quiche filling with our Greek Style Natural yogurt – it’ll still taste delicious and have the perfect texture!
- For a quick and easy jacket potato topping try mixing cold chopped turkey with equal quantities of our Greek Style Natural yogurt and your humous of choice. A sprinkle of fresh chilli or a scatter of fresh herbs are the only other additions required. For vegetarians, simply replace the turkey with chick peas.
- For a handy standby dessert that’s a doddle to make, mix equal quantities of our Greek Style Natural yogurt or our Greek Style Thick Set Natural yogurt with your favourite fruit curd and freeze until set. Take out of the freezer 15 mins before serving so it is soft enough to scoop into bowls. Try using lemon curd and drizzling the frozen scoops with gin just before serving for a drunken lemon slush….hic!
- For extra flavour and piquancy, enrich your bread sauce with a big spoonful of Tims Dairy Greek Style Natural yogurt
- For a cheat’s trifle use our Greek Style Yogurt with Vanilla instead of custard in your family’s favourite recipe or create a Caribbean themed trifle by using ginger cake, pineapple and our Greek Style Thick Set Toasted Coconut yogurt instead of the usual traditional ingredients – this will definitely brighten up your festive table.
- For a quick and easy dessert to impress last minute guests, simply layer up our Greek Style Yogurt with Blackcurrants or our Greek Style Yogurt with Raspberry in individual glasses with broken up meringue nests and fresh berries. Decorate with a fresh mint leaf and a raspberry or a sprig of fresh holly.
- For a quick and easy topping, roughly crush a handful of amaretti biscuits and stir them into our Greek Style Yogurt with Honey – delicious with poached pears, roasted fruits or clementines steeped in Cointreau.
- For a frozen parfait to really impress your guests, try mixing 450g of our Greek Style Thick Set Passion Fruit yogurt with 6 roughly crushed meringue nests, the seeds and pulp from 3 passion fruit and a good splash of rum or liqueur. Pile the mix into a cling film lined 450g/1lb loaf tin and press down well. When frozen turn out onto a dessert platter and allow to soften slightly before cutting into slices to serve drizzled with passion fruit or mango sauce.
- Make your breakfast more festive by stirring some mixed spice into our Greek Style Yogurt with Honey – it’s delicious with granola or dolloped on top of hot porridge.
- Blend finely chopped stem ginger into our Greek Style Natural yogurt to make a great topping for your Christmas pud or warm mince pies. Add generously if you love ginger.
- For a fresher tasting and lighter Marie Rose sauce, simply replace some or all of the mayonnaise with our Greek Style Natural yogurt. Add tomato ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, a squeeze of lemon and salt & pepper to taste before tossing in the prawns and serving with shredded iceberg lettuce.
- For a tasty Winter Coleslaw dressing, blend 150g of our Greek Style Natural yogurt with a tablespoon of mustard, salt & pepper and a handful of fresh herbs (mint, dill, parsley) and lemon juice to taste. Use this to dress shredded red cabbage, carrots, celery, apple and a little red onion and garnish with dried cranberries. Perfect with Boxing day ham.
And, of course, don’t forget to dollop lashings of yogurt over your mince pies and Christmas pud!